Santa María Real de Nieva

Located in the center of the Segovian countryside and since 1834 with the territorial reorganization one of the five party heads. There, areas of pastureland, cereal fields, riverside forests, pine forests and holm oaks alternate, near La Sierra. You can download our brochure here

The town stands out for an interesting heritage, the main exponent of Gothic in the province.

Santa María la Real de Nieva houses one of the jewels of the Gothic in Segovia: The regal Dominican Monastery, of which its cloister stands out. 

The Offering of Candles declared a Site of Cultural Interest and La Virgen de la Soterraña, from September 6 to 10.

It was an independent municipality until 1969. This town was the product of the Castilian repopulation of the XNUMXth century by people from the north, mainly Aragonese, Navarrese and Rioja.  

The place is already mentioned in some writings from the XNUMXth century. Although now it is written with B, the origin of its name is in "VAL" referring to a shallow valley.

It belongs to Santa María since 1969. Until then it was an independent municipality. Its cinematic palace has made this town known internationally.

Jemenuño is a town in the province of Segovia, which since 1970 is constituted as a Minor Local Entity belonging to Santa María la Real de Nieva, since it was previously an independent municipality.

After the conquest of Toledo in 1088, the repopulation of the Castilian area began, so the origin of the town was around the XNUMXth century.

Like all the surrounding towns, it was founded in the XNUMXth century during the repopulation. Its old chocolate factory was the emblem of the town for decades

 A dependent of Santa María La Real since 1965, it had Pascuales as a district. It is 33 km from the Segovian capital.

Possibly this land was inhabited since the Iron Age by Vaccian settlements, having been occupied without interruption except in the Moorish invasion.

It belongs to the judicial district of Santa María la Real de Nieva, it was an independent municipality until the XNUMXth century that came under Ochando.

It belongs to the judicial district of Santa María la Real de Nieva since 1969 but it was an independent municipality belonging to the sexmo of Santa Olaya in the Nieva gang.

It belonged to Jemenuño until 1970, the year in which both joined the City Council of Santa María la Real de Nieva. Like all the surrounding towns, it was founded during repopulation.

Located next to the CL 605 road, like other current districts, it belonged in ancient times to the Sexmo de Santa Eulalia belonging to the Council of Villa and Tierra de Segovia.

This town belongs to the judicial district of Santa María la Real de Nieva since 1969 and a Minor Local Entity since 2002. It was head of the sexmo de La Trinidad de Comunidad de Ciudad y Tierra de Segovia.