Denominación de Origen o equivalente: Valtiendas O.D.
Location / Location:
- Ctra. Aranda de Duero, Km 0.700 40314 Valtiendas _ http://goo.gl/maps/h8HVH _ Altitude: 914 m
- A 76 km from Segovia _ http://goo.gl/maps/a7U69
- A 170 km from Madrid _ http://goo.gl/maps/ylg53
- Hectares of own vineyard: 50
- Types of grape: Tempranillo, cabernet and albillo
- Annual production: 100.000 bottles
- Wines / Trademarks:
- Valviña young
- Valviña pink
- Valviña oak
- Valviña crianza
- Valviña vintage selected
Wine tourism: Visit + tasting, previous contact / Maximum 20 people / Tasting room for 20 people / Visits in vintages / Visit to the vineyard / Restaurant-picnic / Parking
The Blanco brothers bet strong in the middle of the 90 for viticulture in Valtiendas. The result was a modern winery that transforms the grapes of its 40 hectares into trellis with 20 years of age. A family winery that pulls a municipality that sponsors a historical region, whose wines have a similarity in structure, variety and soils to the border Ribera del Duero. Oak barrels from 2 to 5 years are the foundation of their crianzas.