Origin Denomination or equivalent: Wines from the Land of Castilla y León
Location / Location:
- Ctra.delHenar, Km3,5 40200 Cuéllar_http: //binged.it/VkE9lZ_Altitude: 857m
- A 63km from Segovia_http: //binged.it/VkEvJq
- A 150 km from Madrid _ http://binged.it/VkEGEG
- Hectares of own vineyard: 5
- Types of grape: Tempranillo, syrah and muscatel grano grano
- Annual production: 15.000 bottles
- Wines / Trademarks:
- Malaparte crianza
- Pink Oui
- The hills
- Dolce far niente
Wine tourism: Visit from Monday to Friday at 17 h, Saturday and Sunday at 12 and 17 h / Free visits in Spanish and English / Visits in vintage / Free tasting tastings / Beginner courses for tastings and pairings at our own restaurant / Restaurant for 300 pax / Accommodation with 55 rooms http://www.vinosmalaparte.es/enoturismo.pdf
Other services: Wine Club
Mariano de Frutos always dreamed of producing his own wine in the historic Villa de Cuéllar. At 1996 he began his dream by planting 3,5 hectares of tempranillo vineyard in the old vineyard plots of his ancestors, but it was at 2004 that his dream came true with the birth of the family business, Bodegas de Frutos Marín, and the commercialization of the first harvest. The harvest of 2007 is already vinified in the new facilities of the winery.
When Mariano proposed the recovery of the vineyard in Cuellar, he became a pioneer in the recovery of the vineyard activity in the area.
The vineyard is planted in the plots El Canalizo and Montón de Piñas, of some 3,5 hectares and surrounded by pine forests at 3 km from the town of Cuéllar.
- Tempranillo variety, with an average age of 18 years and yields of approximately 3.000 kg / ha.
- Trellis training with double royat cord with 3-4 thumbs per arm.
- Calcareous soil with sandy loam zones (silica). Natural vegetable cover in streets. I do not tillage.
- Specific microclimate: Castilian paramo with strong contrasts between night and day in summer.A920m of height on the sea level.
Located on the left side of the road that joins Cuéllar with the Sanctuary of El Henar and faced with the vineyard, the new winery was built in the year 2007.
In an area of páramo the ship was raised, a single core, a concrete cube with an edge of light towards the interior, clean, functional, both outside and inside, divided into three sectors: winemaking, aging and storage - bottled
In the stainless steel tanks with thermal control and French and American oak barrels are organized in the different rooms facilitating work and transit through the installation.